ads by google
Pamper your hair with these unique Indian easy-to-do head spas at home that use all natural/herbal ingredients. Head or Hair Spa are must to include in your pre-bridal hair care regime. Spot those lovely locks that are not just healthy but utterly eye-catching too....
There are basically 3 steps involved in Hair Spa treatment:
- Deep Conditioning- Oil Massaging/Hair Steaming/Hair wash
- Hair Mask/Pack
- First of all, begin by oil massaging, deep conditioning your hair. The best method that I've found so far is using "Hot Oil Treatment". In short, just massage your hair using hot coconut or olive oil and wrap your hair using a towel dipped in the hot water. Keep it wrapped for about 15-20 minutes and then wash your hair with a mild shampoo. You can read about in detail here: "Deep Conditioning of Hair using Hot Oil Therapy"
- After washing your hair with a mild shampoo and lukewarm water (you may also use home-made shampoos), apply either of these 'hair masks':
1) Beat two eggs and separate the yolk from the egg white. Now mix the egg white with 6 tbsp of coconutWhisk the mixture to get a smooth texture. Now apply it on your scalp and massage with your fingers. Cover your head with a shower cap or a plastic wrap and leave it for at least 20 minutes. Rinse it off with water and a mild, suitable shampoo.
2) Mix one mashed banana with 1 beaten egg, 2 tablespoons of honey, 3 tablespoons of milk and 5 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix the ingredients well to form a smooth texture and then apply on your hair and leave it on for about 30 minutes. Wash your hair with a suitable shampoo.
3) Mix half a cup of mayonnaise with 2 tbsp honey. Mix the ingredients well in a blender. Apply in generous amounts onto the scalp. Wash it off after half an hour with a mild shampoo.
Depending on your hair type, you can mix and match the following ingredients (depending on the availability):
For Dry Hair:
- Olive Oil
For Oily Hair:
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Lemon Juice
- Baking Soda
For Combination Hair:
- Combination of Eggs and Vinegar
- Yogurt and baking soda
- Yogurt and Henna
- Mayonnaise and strawberries
After applying the hair masks and washing them off, rinse them with apple cider vinegar like this: Add a tbsp of vinegar in a mug of water and rinse your hair with it. This will make your hair look soft and shiny. It also helps maintain the pH balance of hair.
This completes the spa tutorial.
More in Pre-Bridal Hair Care Regime